Monday, January 28, 2008

They may be right, I may be crazy, but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for

Sorry for the lack of updates, I haven't forgotten about this thing! You'll have to understand that when I don't update this thing, I am still drawing- I have comics to draw and commissioners to please! A lot of them, in fact. o.O

Anyway, a lot of these are going to be commission concepts and sketches, I hope the respective commissioners don't mind.

But first:

Done for Cat B. in LiveJournal's anthrosketchxchnge or however they managed to shorten it. I meant to post it in the kitteh post but I forgot to. Thomas Santclair is a very well-to-do tabby, and while generally good natured, is known to act very much as his social status often dictates. Poor frog.

Done with my older type of brushpen, trying to achieve a certain "sketchy brush" look, and failed. I used Kory Bingaham's tutorial on colouring for this, too.


Flea, the only other sapient robot portrayed in my pet project "Legacy", who is going through a rather awkward re-design. These were done actually back when I was doing my NaNoWriMo novel with him, in fact...I think I did these before the final write-in meeting for my city. (I won, by the way- at least in the fact that I finished 50,000 words. I have not, on the other hand, finish the actual story yet.)

I haven't planned to show these at all, hence why they're a couple months old. But I figure I should show them to demonstrate how hard it is for me to redesign my mechanical characters, especially the old ones I'm attached to. It's hard for me to redesign this guy because he's kinda the robot character that started my whole series of different stories: first he was the forerunner of the characters, long before Lillian came along; after all this was back when I was in third grade. Once I started "Anxiety Cafe", my first webcomic and therefore the "Legacy" storyline he was kind of forgotten and his design stagnated in the poorly-designed for it was. I still don't like what I have, it just doesn't have that sharpness that I associate with my Brooklyn-accented robot, but oh well.



I'm uploading these mostly to show one of my commissioners. Not my usual style, but oh well. These were original concept sketches I did back on Christmas for his character Gargamel, when I didn't know I should've been doing another character. Now I'm being assigned to draw him with the rest of his family, and I'm uploading these to see if I'm getting the right idea with this guy, although now I've learned that he prefers more "exaggerated muscular style" and they need eyes more like humans in that they have irises and are not a solid colour like I usually give gryphs. Anyway, I feel kinda weird drawing this style, but oh well. Pays for schtuff.


Most everyone's seen this, but I just wanted to post it. Get it? POST IT? HAHAHAHAHAH. Ahem. Yeah. Julian P. Wilbury telling it like it is. (Don't know what The Traveling Wilburys are? Your poor thing, you're missing out on one of the best supergroups formed. Wiki them.)


WIP sketch of C Eagle's Flash commission. I mainly just need to get some refrence pictures of record players, and figure out how I want to draw an anthro cartoon eagle sitting. :\ Anthro birds are hard. :\

And again, we must part for the time being. Now, if you folks have a LiveJournal, I figured out how to make an RSS feed. Check it out: Aesthetic Input's LJ Syndicate.

Toodles!

No comments: